Yoga Teacher Training CertificationStrengthen and enrich your Hatha Yoga practice while learning to safely and effectively teach students of all levels: from beginner to intermediate to advanced. Our program is affiliated and registered with Yoga Alliance.
If you have questions or are interested in setting up an interview for our Yoga Teacher Training certifications please e-mail email@example.com Or you can download and print application and e-mail or fax it to us at 630-455-5929.
Registering now for Spring 2017!!
200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Certification
This respected program finds it’s purpose by going beyond making a person a Yoga teacher; it provides an excellent foundation for an extensive knowledge of Yoga and healing. Over the course of 6 months/ 3 weekend long intensives in the beginning, the middle, and the end of program, with one day a week in the in between. Complete instruction and certification in how to teach non-dogmatic, Hatha Yoga to help transform and heal the body.
- Attendance as stated in class guidelines (must makeup missed hours)
- 16 week Training- one day a week for 5 hours (80hrs).
- Completion of 3 weekend intensive (1 at beginning of course, 1 at middle and 1 at the end/ 48 hours total)
- Therapeutic Movement and Asana Weekend Intensive and Marma Therapy workshop (20 hours)
- Theory and practice of Hatha Yoga / Universal Principles of Alignment, loops spirals, and focal points
- Asanas, Pranayama, and Kriyas, Mantras, Chakras, Nadis, Mudras, Koshas, Kleshas
- Benefits, contraindications and overview of many types of Yoga, and Yoga Sutras
- Meditation, visualization, chanting and sound healing
- Teaching styles, assisting and correcting postures, misalignments, working with injuries and trauma
- Physical and Energetic Anatomy and Physiology/ Kinesiology (muscle study)
- Ayurveda and Yoga for different Body Types as well as nutrition and living the Yogic lifestyle
- History, different yoga theories and philosophies (8 limbs of Yoga / 4 aims)
- Understanding of body/mind connection Awareness of mental/emotional, physical and spiritual relatedness, psychology of student/teachers
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting, correcting, instruction, adjustments, props and different teaching styles
- Business, Professionalism and Ethics for teaching Yoga, as well as qualities and service of a teacher
- Guidelines and suggestions for setting up yoga classes and sequencing, yin yang of a balanced class
- Intro to Restorative, Pre Natal, Acro/ Partner, Thai Yoga Bodywork
- And Much more
Yoga Props – The student should be planning on the purchase of yoga props if they do not have them already. Props will be supplied at SoderWorld but we recommend getting them for your personal practice as well and for use with clients. We will assist you if desired and sometimes place group orders so students can get discounts.
Student Teaching/ Assisting – can be started as soon as student feels comfortable
Weekend Intensives – There are 3 intensives (16 hours each= 48 hours total)
1 at start of course, 1 at middle, and 1 at the end – Intensive hours are Friday (5-9pm), Saturday and Sunday (12 – 6pm) totaling 32 hours. The final intensive will also include teaching evaluations and completion ceremony.
Elective Classes – The Thai Yoga Bodywork ceu class is option for required hours but there are also optional ceu’s that can be taken for more hours: Aromatherapy, Principles of Meditation and Pranayama.
Registration Fee -$150 Upon acceptance to the course, a non-refundable registration fee is required as commitment to the class. This fee includes administration fee and your Soderworld Yoga Manual.
Tuition- 200 hr. Yoga Teacher Training -$3,000 Text Books $200 This tuition includes all 200 hours including Thai Yoga Bodywork elective & some 4 week series yoga classes but does not include any additional workshops at Soderworld or other studios.
Main Instructors: Brian Witten and Misty Soderholm. Guest teachers will be brought in for specialty sections of the basic course. See our Meet Us section for teacher Bios.
This program is approved by and follows the 200-hour curriculum guidelines set by Yoga Alliance and is approved by the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
TRAINING SCHEDULE FOR NEXT YOGA PROGRAM STARTING IN SUMMER 2017 WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!:
REGISTERING NOW FOR SUMMER 2017 SESSION!!
(Detailed weekly schedule will be given to students who register)
1st Intensive- TBA -Summer 2017 Friday (5-9pm), Saturday and Sunday (12 – 6pm)
16 week core training- TBA Summer/FALL 2017 Wednesday nights from 5-10pm
2nd Intensive- TBA Fall 2017 Friday (5-9pm), Saturday and Sunday (12 – 6pm)
Ending Intensive- TBA Winter 2017 Friday (5-9pm), Saturday and Sunday (12 – 6pm) (Includes Graduation Ceremony)